Thursday, July 23, 2009

Irresponsibility



Being a writer in a student publication where it is already a part of the evolution of my world, I can say that it gave me some positive effects that really helped me in shaping my myself and helped me realize some things.

One of these positive effects is that I learned a lot. I learned something out of writing. I learned something in the publication which I did not learn in our class (as a Mass Com student) but maybe those things I learned in the publication were really discussed by our professor since he is also our adviser here in the publication. It's just that I did not listen attentively or just maybe absent minded.

I also learned how to value people around me and how to treasure them. I saw something valuable on the people in the publication that I did not expect I will encounter nor learned. I saw how they appreciate the people around them and I saw how they love them. It's a good thing about them and it's also a nice thing for me. I feel like I'm being loved by everyone and it's a great feeling. It touches my heart...

Another thing is that I learned how to fight back and defend myself. I used to be silent specially when somebody's making fun of me or cracking jokes about me. But when I entered the publication, they also do the same but in a funny way and they were also the ones who taught me how to fight back. It's like they were the ones who started something crazy that resulted into something good at the end of the line. Thanks to them!

But despite of what they did to me, I feel guilty because in return I'm not doing my job as a writer which is the main reason why I'm here. I'm just a "pasaway" since I won't bother beating deadlines just because my co writers are also doing the same. They did not also beat deadlines because they are also not yet done with their articles. It's shameful because I should be a good epitome to them considering the fact that I'm a Mass Comm student and some of them are not.

Even if I'm like that, a part of me wanted really to pass articles on the given deadlines but the only problem is that I'm just too lazy gathering facts. I will always get tired of gathering facts even if I know that it is like that. I always say to myself that I should be responsible enough because I'm a student journalist and since I also entered this journalistic world but it is only in my mind and I'm not doing anything about it.

I just hope that sooner or later I will realize and I will be enlightened that I should be responsible and I should do my job..

5 comments:

Paul Denver Sy said...

i understand you mudz...
i just notice your about me and i think it relates to your Irresponsibility Post,

i'm a typical type of person and i just want everything to be fixed before i leave.i just love hanging out with my friends.

mavs said...

I also felt that laziness sometime in my life Muding...
In fact, I still procrastinate until now...
but they say that as we advance in life, we learn the limits of our abilities...
meaning, among the many things we have to do everyday, you have to know your priorities and do them first...
maybe you'll have to do your responsibilities first before indulging fun with your friends...
as what Sir Amardz told us, you have to give up in order to go up...
but ok ra na Muding...
kaya mo yan! aja!
kay kabalong weekly ang deadline, ni-enter pa jud...haha
daghan na ta... :)

Super Kaloy said...

.,.k ra na Chessabelle.,you can do it!!!
Aq nga eh..maraming sinakripisyo para lang may magawa.,aw..may ganun?!hehe
bitaw..di nata magpabuyag Muding!!!

optimistic dora said...

kpoy mn gd ng word nga "responsibility" brod sah? hehehe, sori na gd, late reaction! pareha mn tang mga but-an. ahw???

ewik said...

to paul, mavs and dj rem:
tanx au mga bayot for understanding...!aw?hahaha!but don't worry i'll try to cope up with things...gb!
to dora:
brod!pagka far out sa tubag.ga expect pa ra ba unta ko og words of encouragement.heheh.but that's ok..tanx for commenting brod!