Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A question of faith



I was very eager to watch the movie "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". They said that it is a nice movie and very horrifying. I was also curious and was interested to watch it. I was hoping that it will be played in HBO or in any other cable channels but I failed. But luckily, a co member of mine in the student publication has a laptop and fortunately, he has a copy of that movie. I asked him to let me watch but at first, my classmate was the first one who borrowed and I was disappointed but it was okay. It is like it really thrills me.

When I watched it, I thought I was the one who will be interested but I never thought that many of us haven't watch it yet. I was happy to know that I'm not alone because they said that it is really scary and maybe I will not finish the movie if I will watch it alone because maybe I will be so scared. But definitely, I was disappointed because it was not really that scary and horrifying. I thought that the effects will be that scary since I have watched a lot of exorcisms which are really horrifying. But I was disappointed. Well, somehow it's okay because I enjoyed watching anyway.

What I learned about the story is that the exorcism of Emily was being cased. It was about spiritual healing against medical cure. But the point was that the case was trying to tell about what is the difference between the possibility and the truth. It was trying to tell that there is a possibility that Emily was being possessed by demons. It is as if they are trying to show that demons exist and I do believe in it.

I pity Emily because of her sufferings but despite that I understand why Emily chose to stay as what I understand in the movie because she did not anymore mind if what will happened to her but she wanted to tell us that demons do exist and we should not take it as a joke. She also wants us to have faith in God and should also believe in Him. We should not assume that He is not there watching us but we should put in mind that He is there for us and we should believe and have faith in Him.

0 comments: