Monday, August 3, 2009

Hearsays



As I was sitting on my chair to wait for our class and as I was looking at the heavy rain outside the window of our classroom (since it rained for about a week), my cellphone beeped and I read the message from my friend which I supposed that she forward a message about love and everything. I was not shocked of what she texted me but I said to myself ,"again?" because the text was about a child who was carried away by the flood caused by the heavy rain for about a week in which it caused my friend in a long traffic. I t was not new for me since we had experienced it here in our province before. What am I afraid for is that the incident which triggered Negrenses before might happened again and it might be worst.

I hurriedly told my classmate about it and accidentally my teacher heard about it and she asked me to read the message again. But she herself read the text in my phone and she was triggered. I can see the nervousness in her eyes. She looked like she was freaking out and would cry anytime. I was shocked of her reaction and it was funny because she was over reacting. My seat mate (who is kinda "pasaway") took advantage of the situation and made fun of our teacher. I was also laughing of my seatmate's joke to her and my attention was caught when she told us something I don't know if it's crazy or freaky.

She told us that there is a hearsay in their office that because of the extreme volume of rain we are experiencing right now, "a state in America will sink together with the Philippines". The statement kept popping in my mind for how many times but I was not alarmed. I was just surprise with what she shared which is for me a crazy thing. She also told us that the hearsay in their office is connected with the hearsay about the "serena" story after the extreme flood that triggered the Negrenses for the first time.

When I heard that, I really thought that how can she believe in those things considering the fact that she is already professional, an educated person.. I don't even believe in those things even if I loved to watch movies about it. Well, it's just movies. It's fictional. Another thing also is that if you really believe in God, you won't believe such things. And if you really have faith in Him, you won't be afraid to face any calamities you will encounter.

A part of me also says that maybe she is an emotional type of a person. Maybe she is just too sensitive when it comes to those things. But it is not about that, it's about how you react on things in a realistic way. Well, I just hope that she won't really think of it that much...

3 comments:

Super Kaloy said...

How about you Muding, do you think of it that much? Aw.,. ;]

Anyway, if that's fate, we could not do anything. Well it's His will.
We just have to be faithful.

Chronicles of Bea said...

Hearsays are just gossips na pasalin salin all throughout sa mga makakati ang labi.

I remembered what Ta marvs said about this. If the Philippines will sink... hindi affected ang America at Brazil ang affected!

well... there is a reason for us to live at wag magpapaniwala sa mga sabi-sabi, bulong-bulungan at haka-haka!

optimistic dora said...

hah? bayot lge kau ng teachera brod! ahehehe... let her... anyway we have different faith!